Google Drive is a brand new product which helps in file synchronization that allows the users to store all their files in Google Docs where it is possible for individuals to access the files through web browser, Google Drive client and Google Drive Mobile app.
Access to Google Drive might possibly be available for all domains during the coming 4-8 weeks, below given are some details which is entirely new:
- Files can be synced between all the devices with Google Drive
- Mobile app for Google Drive can be downloaded onto iPhone or iPad
- Google Drive can be easily searched on web in visual way through grid view
- A file can be easily added to a folder by clicking on the folder icon in a file or Google documents
- Google Drive apps when installed from Chrome Web Store will help in working with more file types
Google Drive is the result of grand plans Google had for their Docs and can be said to be beginning, Google Drive is slightly modified version of Docs with additional options of sharing, integrating and developer features.
5GB of free space will be provided in the beginning for people who use this Google Drive, with option to pay $2.49 for additional space of 25 GB, $5 month for 100GB and an entire terabyte for $50 every month. Accounts which are upgraded will be provided with 25GB storage for Gmail along with nice perk when compared to the 10GB Gmail storage.
Some of the features of Google Drive include:
- SDK: This is now being made available to everyone who want to add additional does of happiness to their projects which will give more appealing look to the services when more choices get added to the web store.
- Browser interface: Drive shows some minimal type of user experience with user interface in web browser that has different Google’s suit of services which will not take much time for the user to get used to.
- Desktop apps: Apple and Microsoft users have something to be happy about Google Drive which has made a desktop app available for both Mac and Windows user, this app works quite similar to other cloud storage options like Dropbox. When docs are put into desktop folder which will automatically put it in Drive on the web browser irrespective of the kind you choose to use.
- Android App: Google Drive app is also provided for Android users which is great experience quite similar to that of web browser.
- Wrap-up: Google Drive can said to be evolution from Docs which has plenty of room for growth along with integration of Google’s world.